- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Structural or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience in track works in coordination with Infra activities for construction works and railways.
- Familiar with Railway’s General Rules and Regulations and Standard Railway Operating Procedures.
- Preferably to possess a valid Certificate of Competency issued by any KTMB or any railway organization.
- Assists the Permanent Way Engineer in administering the project works ( Track Works )
- Ensures safe and proper execution of the works.
- Ensures the Subcontractors are completed within time and budget to the required standard.
- Manages and monitor the performance of the Subcontractors and ensure that all necessary activities and correctives measures are implemented to comply with the contractual requirements.
- Ensures Subcontractors complies with all relevant regulatory authorities including KTMB’s rules and regulations.
- Prepares initial progress reports.
- Monitors Subcontractors Performance of the work.
- Coordinates with Permanent Way Engineer in setting up reporting procedures and format for management needs.
- Coordinates construction review of certain specifications, drawings and works method statements.
- Monitors the Subcontractors compliance to their established QA/QC and safety programme.